Follow The Business Continuity Institute

Blog posts

35% of users have weak passwords; the other 65% can be cracked

35% of users have weak passwords; the other 65% can be cracked

Blog posts   •   Mar 22, 2017 12:11 GMT

Password leaks from public breaches help us learn how people think, allow us to identify patterns and build dictionaries of passwords. As password cracking methods evolve, Upper characters, Lower characters, Special characters and Digits (ULSD) recommendations and password complexity mean less.

ISO 22301 and the business continuity octopus

ISO 22301 and the business continuity octopus

Blog posts   •   Mar 10, 2017 17:13 GMT

​Implementing a Business Continuity Management System which meets and exceeds ISO 22301 is a challenging, but important undertaking for an organization committed to ​business continuity. I have recently been leading a project for ​PlanB, where we helped a marketing/logistics firm achieve ISO 22301 (with one minor non-conformity!).

Broadening exposure and horizons

Broadening exposure and horizons

Blog posts   •   Mar 07, 2017 09:46 GMT

It has been just over two years since I was featured in the Business Continuity Institute’s ’20 in their 20s: The future of business continuity’ publication, so I thought it might be useful to look through what I wrote at the time, determine what is still relevant and understand what has changed.